The project is replacing the ClearCase environment by a state-of-the art software development environment and enabling the migration. The project is because the new environment will evolve step by step on a new foundation. This software development environment services a large community with over 2500 active developers. Migrating the software to the new platform is an essential part of the project and your role. You will be working in a multidisciplinary team with IT and software engineers to deliver results fast and in short cycles. This team delivers the solution in incremental steps with a strong connection to the tools and techniques provided to the end-users.
Role and responsibilities
You will be working in one of the engineering teams as a (senior) engineer or lead. These teams are typically sized 4-7 highly skilled and educated people. You are flexible to pick up different tasks depending on the phase of the project, for example.
- Performing and reporting on in-depth investigations to support decision making processes
- Building proof of concepts and prototypes
- Coaching (junior, newly joined) engineers
- Alignment with stakeholders within and outside project
- Designing and implementing the solutions chosen for production
- Knowledge sharing and support towards and the wider community.
Education and experience
Background in Software Engineering or IT (MSc.)
Knowledge & experience
- Strong knowledge on software development using C/C++, Python
- DevSecOps tools and principles
- Strong knowledge on ecosystems (SCM and CICD) such as GitHub (is a plus), Atlassian, Azure DevOps
- Linux (RHEL) and similar operating systems
- Build systems (Bazel is a plus, Cmake, Gradle)
- Infrastructure as code tools (such as Rundeck, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet)
- Containerization knowledge & experience (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Cloud platform knowledge (GCP)
- Secure development knowledge